Recycled Metal Statuette ‘Skater Boy’
Featured at NOVICA, in association with National Geographic
Fearless, this skater boy balances his board with effortless ease. Peru’s Miguel Mejía recycles screws, bolts, steel sheets, and nuts into an admirable sculpture. Mejía takes care of every detail, portraying the bold skater with a cap and protection gear.
- Free Gift Wrap From The Andes
- Gift Message Card
- Artist Story Card
- HAPPY ARTISANS – Fair prices, no binding contracts, and the freedom to make a success of their craft by building a sustainable business.
- HAPPY CUSTOMERS – Unique handmade products, great value, and the joy of helping to nurture and elevate the craft of global artisans.
- A GLOBAL MARKETPLACE – Artisans from around the world (many living in rural communities) don’t have the means to sell their work on the international market. NOVICA gives them a free platform to do this, and reach customers on a global scale.
- REGIONAL SUPPORT – Our teams of local art experts based in every region, provide artisans with all the backup they need. From product development advice, to quality control assistance, we are there to make their listing process as smooth as possible.
- DETAILED ARTISAN PROFILES – If you’re like us, you care about who you’re buying from, and who you’re supporting. This is why we go out of our way to capture the real artisan story. On every product page you’ll find a portrait and detailed biography of each artist.
ABOUT THIS ARTIST
“I had to go with my friend to meet the owner of the truck for which those parts were originally intended, and explain to him they were now part of a sculpture.”